Polyvine Glass Frosting for Etched Glass Effects
A brush on effect which transforms plain glass panels
An acrylic medium that creates the stunning visual effect of etched glass. Designed for interior use on most glass and plastics to give the effect of frosted glass. Glass Frosting can also be used with stencils to transform plain glass panels.
- Ensure that glass is clean and at room temperature – approx 20Oc (68Of).
- Brush onto glass evenly.
- Produce texture using a small dry sponge roller or a small synthetic sponge, working lightly across the wet surface.
- Use masking tape and stencils to create your designs, in positive or negative. Carefully remove tape and stencil before medium dries.
- Use only soapy water to clean glass once frosted.
- To produce coloured frosting add Polyvine Acrylic Colourant or for a metallic finish add Polyvine Metallic Paint.
Caution: Always try the technique on a test piece before embarking on the project.
storage: Protect from extremes of temperature during storage and application.
Health, safety and the environment
- Non-hazardous. Ensure good ventilation.
- Keep out of reach of children. Contact with eyes - wash immediately with warm water. Remove excess from tools and mixing vessels before washing in warm soapy water. Do not empty into drains or watercourses.